S.A.M. Management Inc. Welcomes New CEO
WINNIPEG, MANITOBA, February 24, 2021 – The Board of Directors of S.A.M. Management Inc. is pleased to announce the appointment of Karlene S. Debance as their new Chief Executive Officer (CEO) effective March 1, 2021.
“Karlene is a perfect fit to S.A.M. Management Inc. as she brings to the organization a results-oriented leadership style that is bold and innovative. We are very excited to welcome Karlene,” says Linda Ring, Chair of the Board of Directors. “Her knowledge and background will be invaluable to the future opportunities and growth of S.A.M Management Inc.”
Karlene began her career in the not-for-profit sector and spent over seven years working with youth, refugees, and international program delivery. Followed by her 19 years of progressive senior leadership roles with the Province of Manitoba, Karlene served as the Director of the Affordable Housing Initiative for over 6 years, and more than 12 years as Executive Director of the Canada-Manitoba Infrastructure Secretariat and as Assistant Deputy Minister of Intergovernmental Affairs where she successfully led the government-wide federal-provincial Infrastructure Negotiations, Agreements & Programs. During her time with the Provincial Government, Karlene’s innovative approaches to partnerships, project management, infrastructure development and strategic capital planning led to successful economic, social and environmental outcomes that have benefitted communities and sectors throughout Manitoba. Karlene brings to the organization her strong knowledge and highly impactful understanding of the real estate industry, community development and the housing sector especially from her more recent role leading the housing transformation initiative with the Province of Manitoba. Karlene also is a Director on the Board of Manitoba Theatre for Young People (MTYP) and English Online Inc. (EO).
“I am looking forward to my new role as CEO with S.A.M. Management Inc. and feel extremely fortunate to be part of a dynamic organization that builds resilient communities” said Debance. “I am grateful for the opportunity to continue building on the great work and accomplishments of S.A.M. Management Inc. to ensure that safe and affordable housing options are available for individuals and families in our communities”
Karlene can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
S.A.M. (Management) Inc. is a non-profit corporation established to provide management of housing for single persons, families and senior citizens.
The corporation responds to unique and new housing needs, as identified by the community. Housing is available on a rental basis.
S.A.M. (Management) Inc. Mission Statement and Guiding Principles
S.A.M. (Management) Inc. is a nonprofit property management corporation that provides socially responsible property management in partnership with organizations offering affordable housing options in the community.
- Our uniqueness is being a non-profit property management organization serving other non-profit housing properties.
- We are committed to ensuring a healthy work environment and supporting personal and professional development opportunities for staff.
- We have a reputation to work collaboratively to support and strengthen the capacity of other organizations.
- We strive to provide quality, well maintained, safe housing for today and tomorrow.
- We have two target populations - the organizations we partner with and the people served by these organizations - the individual tenants.
- We have a strong social conscience, building networks with different community resources and agencies to connect clients with community resources as the need arises.
- Accountability and financial responsibility are a priority.