Building Caretaker – RESIDENTIAL (Winnipeg, Manitoba)
The Building Caretaker is responsible for maintaining all areas of the property and ensuring the comfort and security of tenants.
General property maintenance including:
- Securing the building including keeping a log of all trades people or contractors who enter the building
- Carrying out daily and/or scheduled checks of the building including mechanical equipment and fire alarm boards
- Responding to emergency calls from tenants and completing incident reports
- Maintaining buildings in compliance with workplace health and safety standards
- Appropriately controlling keys according to SAM Management Inc standards
- Maintaining the cleanliness of all public areas including halls, lounges, stairways, washrooms, elevators, vestibules, laundry rooms, equipment rooms and garbage rooms
- Cleaning of all floor and wall surfaces, wood work, furniture, electrical, plumbing and heating fixtures, and external and internal windows and doors
- Cleaning of vacant units including cleaning before and touching up after the contractors
- Checking tenant call line daily and building email twice daily
- Follow up on outstanding work orders until complete and closed
- Completing Rental Unit Condition Reports on turnovers and completing all necessary paperwork
- Attending Residential Tenancy Branch hearings as requested
Minor repairs including but not limited to:
- Door and window adjustments
- Adjustments or changing of locks, catches, closures and other hardware
- Minor carpet and tile repairs
- Replacement of light bulbs, switch and receptacle covers, fuses etc.
- Minor plumbing repairs such as replacement of washers, clearing toilets and drains, replacing toilet seats, toilet flush handles, flush valves and flanges
- Minor patching and painting touch ups
- Minor repairs to exterior structures such as fences, parking rails etc.
- Other minor repairs as might be assigned by the Field Manager
Maintaining the exterior grounds and paved areas including but not limited to:
- Cutting and watering of grass as required
- Cleaning and keeping flower beds weed free
- Care of trees, shrubs and other plants
- Removal of snow and ice from walks leading to entrances and around the building
- Supervision of snow removal in parking areas
- Periodic cleaning, sweeping and/or raking as required
Dealing with emergencies and incidents:
- Responding to afterhours emergencies and urgent incidents involving the building and/or tenants
- Contacting appropriate contractors as needed to minimize injury to any person or damage to the building or grounds
- Reporting all emergencies to the Property Manager the next business day.
SAM Management Inc. supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities.
Please email your resume and cover letter by to the attention of:
Karlene Debance, Chief Executive Officer at email@example.com
Only candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted. Position to remain open until filled.